Life Actually

My real stories, brought to you by the letter M and the number 4.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Gotta Love Germanz

Where the z and the y are switched on the kezboard... so if I want to type correctly, I have to really think about which letters are in the words I intend to use.

But, what one really has to admire about Germanz, or as Thomas says, Chermanz, after two weeks of UK, and DK... is the prices. We went from spending a dollar and a half for every little juice box, to 50 cents for a huge glass of orange juice. Last night we had a full on (proper) Thai feast, for about 12 dollars, a nice change from the 25 we´d been paying in UK-DK.

The weather however has been our pennance. We have had rain and clouds for most of the trip, sad but true... luckily I bought a really sweet rain jacket before I left, and I love wearing it... even though it is full on neon green. I just say its so I cant be lost in a crowd.

We are staying in the Heart of Gold Hostel in Berlin... 10 points to those of you who know what that means. Its a super cool place... love the decor... love the breakfast...

Today I am off to see how Berlin has reconstructed itself, and what a fashion capital in Europe looks like...

Biss Dann!
Maren

1 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that "Heart of Gold" as in the ship? I think you mentioned something about that... :)

    I'm at jury duty, where everything costs about the same but the machine eats your money. But Colleen is in the same pool as me. Wierd, huh?

    Have more fun in Chermany! I'm envious! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home